Today’s interview is with marketing expert, best selling author and creative thinker Jeff Goins. Jeff presents a set of twelve easy-to-follow rules for artists to live by that translate artistic success to business success in his new book, Real Artists Don’t Starve: Timeless Strategies for Thriving in the New Creative Age.
A sought-after keynote speaker with a reputation for challenging the status quo, in three years, Goins built a million-dollar business, published four books, and became an online marketing expert, using his skills in writing and business to help others [millenials] succeed. He is the author of four books, including The Art of Work, which landed on the bestseller lists of USA Today, Publisher’s Weekly, and The Washington Post.
We had an informative and intellectual discussion and Goins spoke on several topics including:
- Marketing, partnerships and the importance of collaborating for the sake of creativity
- How success in business and in life flow from a healthy exercise of creativity
- How to make a living off being a writer and artist
- Why Goins believes all great artists steal before they can create
- The general topic of entrepreneurism and managing a business
Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- Real Artists Don’t Starve: Timeless Strategies for Thriving in the New Creative Age: https://www.amazon.com/Real-Artists-Dont-Starve-Strategies/dp/0718086260
- Website: https://goinswriter.com/
Catch our episode here or below: