Today’s interview is with Felena Hanson. Felena is a long-time entrepreneur and marketing maven. She is the founder of Hera Hub, a spa-inspired shared workspace and community for female entrepreneurs with locations all over the world (and continuing to expand!) This as-needed, flexible work and meeting space provides a productive environment for growing businesses. The business supports hundreds of freelancers, entrepreneurs, and nonprofits in over 16 industry segments. Hera Hub was founded on the confidence that women are the future, and women will be responsible for the next wave of prosperity in the U.S. Hanson and Hera Hub have been featured in Inc. Magazine, BBC News, Forbes, and The New York Times.
Hanson had her first taste of entrepreneurship when she was just eight years old. Since then her 20-year career has spanned from technology start-ups to digital marketing agencies, and her client list includes DirecTV, Epson, CNN, and Union Bank. She has been nominated for numerous awards and won the 2012 “Women Business Owner of the Year” award and the 2014 “Women Advocate of the Year” award. In 2014, she also won the “Small Business Champion of the Year” award.
Felena is also the author of Flight Club – Rebel, Reinvent, and Thrive: How to Launch Your Dream Business, which provides tools and resources to women in every stage of launching their business, Hanson talked to me about the following:
- Her unique entrepreneurial journey to founding Hera Hub
- What it means to “lean out” and why women need to do it
- How to make the transition from fear to future
- The benefits of a co-working space over working from home
- How to discover your life’s purpose, and use it to start a passion-based business
Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- Hera Hub: https://herahub.com/
- Flight Club – Rebel, Reinvent, and Thrive: How to Launch Your Dream Business: https://www.amazon.com/Flight-Club-Reinvent-Thrive-Business/dp/0692674691
- Book Club: http://www.flightclub.community/
Catch our interview here or below: