Today’s interview is with Judith Humphrey. Judith is a communications expert who equips leaders to speak effectively in any situation by preparing to be spontaneous.
For senior leaders, spontaneous moments to influence and inspire happen daily – in meetings, in the corridor, in a tweet. To shine in these moments leaders must learn to listen, think, and respond within seconds. In her new book, Impromptu: Leading in the Moment, she discusses different ways to do this.
We discuss the following in our interview:
- The power of “Scripting” yourself for any occasion
- How to toss the index cards and develop impromptu remarks in the new age of speeches
- How to instantly read any audience, anywhere, of any size
- Lessons from great impromptu speeches throughout history
- Tips to rapidly collect your thoughts and craft a persuasive message
- How to master body language and speak with the physical presence of a leader
Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- Impromptu: Leading in the Moment Book: https://www.amazon.com/Impromptu-Leading-Moment-Judith-Humphrey/dp/1119286751
Catch our episode here or below: