Today’s episode is with the great Karen Tiber Leland. Over the past 25 years, she has successfully worked as a management and marketing consultant, freelance writer, keynote speaker, spokesperson, media guest, freelance writer and reporter, author, sometime exhibiting artist and occasional actress.
Clearly, she is no one-trick pony!
She believes the power of what she contributes lies precisely in the unique mix of who she is and what she has done over the years. Having sat on both sides of the media — as a journalist and a guest — has given her a deep understanding of the intricacies of today’s on- and off-line media environment.
As a writer, actor and keynote speaker, she has experienced the world of performing in various contexts, and the decades she spent doing communications consulting with Fortune 500 companies has infused her systems approach to modern marketing and branding with a solid foundation of best practices.
Drawing on 25 years of consulting experience, Karen takes a systems approach to help her clients effectively navigate the wired world of today’s business landscape while powerfully communicating their messages to the public, potential customers and media.
Karen has worked throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and South America with a highly diverse group of industries. Her clients have included: Apple Computer, Cisco, AT&T, Oracle, Avis Car Rental, Johnson & Johnson, Bank of America, Sprint and Xerox, among others.
In this interview, we discuss:
- The serious life changes in her life and how they made an impact in her life
- What the contribution gap is and how to bridge it
- Her 12 brand archetypes
- How to answer the “what do you do?” question
- Whether it is possible to multipassionate AND
- Why she loves Game of Thrones so much
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Website: http://sterlingmarketinggroup.com/
- The Brand Mapping Strategy: Design, Build and Accelerate Your Brand: http://sterlingmarketinggroup.com/books/the-brand-mapping-strategy/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/karenleland/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/KarenFLeland
Catch our episode here or below: