Today’s interview is with Werner Georg Kunz. Werner is a travel industry professional with over 30 years of extensive international and domestic experience.
Werner started his travel industry career in the late seventies as Manager Operations at Travac, Tours & Charters in New York City, building and managing a call center and RES system as well as an airport handling team for large charter programs. In 2004, he joined Swissair’s charter division Balair/CTA in the capacity of Manager NA and later on as GM North America. After thirteen years Werner joined City Bird Airlines running its North American Marketing and Sales Division in Bethesda, Maryland. In 2000, Werner joined Lufthansa Systems in New York, as the VP Business Development building and managing the North American marketing and sales team, acquiring a North American client base for Lufthansa System’s special airline solutions.
Subsequently, in 2003, Werner developed and led special projects within the private aviation sector at JetLine Private. In 2007 Werner joined CheapOair as the Chief Strategy Officer, in August of the same year, in addition, assumed the position of Chief Executive Officer at OneTravel, and now he is the co-ceo at CheapOair.
We discuss the following:
- Why he decided to build a career in the travel space
- What attracted him to CheapOair
- His journey through the company and how he rose to the top
- What specific contributions he has made that impacted the growth of the company
- The company’s growth YOY since its launch and future plans
- His advice to people trying to break into the travel space in the current entrepreneurial environment
CheapOair’s website: https://www.cheapoair.com/