Gender inequality in the workplace is not new. With women still earning roughly 80% of what men are paid, corporate discrimination is more pertinent than ever. The discrepancies that affect women every single day exist not only in the form of pay, but in treatment, recognition, and respect. These issues are constantly talked about, but has anything really been done to change them?
Today’s guest, Holly Caplan, an award-winning sales leader for over two decades, is speaking up and fighting for change. In her new book, Surviving the D**k Clique: A Girl’s Guide to Surviving the Male Dominated Corporate World, Caplan tackles this “behavior” head on. Working her way from sales representative to high level management position, she experienced discrimination first hand. Reflecting on her past experiences, she hopes to use her mistakes and humorous lessons to encourage others to take a stronger stand against uncharted gender challenges.
In our candid, raw and brutally honest interview, Caplan discusses:
- What exactly “d**k” behavior is, how to identify it and how to shut it down
- How women can effectively compete in a male-dominated environment
- Why this “d**k” behavior has to change and the first steps to do it
- Bars, Boobs and Strip Clubs: some of the wacky and weird situations she found herself in and the life lessons she learned from each
- Her message to Millennials in the workforce — both women and men
- And much more!
Resource Mentioned In The Episode
- Surviving the D**k Clique: A Girl’s Guide to Surviving the Male Dominated Corporate World: https://www.amazon.com/Surviving-Dick-Clique-Dominated-Corporate/dp/1543904564
- Website: http://hollycaplan.com/
Catch our episode here or below: